|Project:||Bunscoil McAuley Rice|
|Client:||Board of Management Bunscoil McAuley Rice|
The project consisted of a new 2 storey 16 classroom primary school building constructed on the site of an existing primary school, including library and resource rooms, general purpose room with stage area and multipurpose spaces, ancillary accommodation, new car parking spaces, external ball courts and storage store.
The works were carried out in two phases, Phase 1 consisting of the construction of the new 16 classroom school adjacent to the existing occupied school. Phase 2 consisted of the demolition of the original school building and construction of new car parking spaces and ancillary areas.
Full design of all mechanical, electrical and transport services.
Key design elements comprised of:
- Well water system
- Energy metering system measuring electrical, water and oil consumption
- Natural Ventilation and Natural Daylight
- Energy efficient lighting system with dimmable day lighting and presence detection
- Energy Efficient Heating Systems and Controls
- Well Sealed Building Envelope
- Energy Efficient Hot Water Systems and Controls.
- GCCC Contract.